September 8, 2016
My sweet friend Gabi and I have been having so much (maybe even too much) fun finding Any Excuse to Party each month (have you seen last month’s Popsicle Party?!), and for this month’s party we knew we wanted to feature one of our all-time favorite things: brunch. Maybe this makes us a little bit basic, but what’s not basic is the fun spin we put on this particular party theme. Introducing: Mini Brunch!
That’s right, we took all of our favorite things about brunch (read: everything) and made a mini version. You may ask yourself, “but why make brunch mini when you could enjoy a perfectly good regular sized brunch?!” and you’re not wrong, but consider this: Mini brunches means it’s easier to sneak a bit more of everything without quite so much judgment from your fellow brunch-goers, though if you ever brunch with us, we promise never to judge.
Anyway, head on over to Gabi’s blog By Gabriella for the full post, and read on here for one of my favorite Any Excuse to Party DIY’s yet: Mini Floral Bouquet Favors!
What You’ll Need:
1. Be sure to keep your flowers well-watered right up until you’re ready to use them. Cut stems at an angle before transferring to fresh water, and keep in a cool place until ready for use.
2. When you’re ready to make your bouquets, remove stems from water and trim to desired length.
3. Assemble small bouquet. We used a couple of stems of greenery, some small blooms, and pink hypericum berries. Pinch at the stems and tie together with string when you’re happy with the look and size.
4. Fold your kraft paper square in half with about 1/2″ space between the corners you’re folding together (so not fully in half).
5. Place floral bouquet onto kraft paper square. Fold left and right corners together and wrap around bouquet.
6. Secure with string by tying a bow around the paper and bouquet. Place at your guests’ place settings or hand out as favors as they leave!
These mini bouquets could not possibly be any cuter and were a huge hit at our mini brunch. The best part about them is they’re as versatile as they are adorable! I can’t wait to make them for future brunches and literally every other party I host. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
How are you going to use your mini bouquets? Let me know in the comments!