August 4, 2016
If I’m being honest, my solution to almost all of life’s problems is to throw a party, and this summer heat is no exception. That made this month’s theme for an #anyexcusetoparty collab with Gabi of By Gabriella an easy pick: Popsicles!
I mean honestly, is there any better way to beat the heat than popsicles? Plus they’re having a major moment right now, so we couldn’t help ourselves. I had a blast conceptualizing, designing, and styling the decor and florals for this shoot, but I am especially pumped about this month’s DIY: a grown-up take on popsicle stick frames! Read on for how to make your own, and thank me later when your walls are filled of the most gorgeous yet simple decor.
What you’ll need:
1. Stain your popsicle sticks with a stain of your choosing. I used Minwax Early American because I had some extra lying around, but you can use any color you’d like! Using a rag, apply a light coat to four popsicle sticks, making sure to cover all sides and removing any excess, allowing to fully dry.
2. Using a hot glue gun, attach two magnets at both ends of each popsicle stick. Be sure that the magnets line up with one another correctly so that you have two pairs of popsicle sticks that attach to each other!
3. Cut string to desired length, and tie each end around the magnets on one of the popsicle sticks. This will be the top of your frame.
4. Place your favorite photo or artwork (or popsicle menu!) between the two sets of popsicle sticks and let the magnets do the work.
5. Hang on the wall using the string and a thumbtack, and ta-da! You’ve got yourself a quick and easy grown-up popsicle stick frame. Make as many as you’d like for extra impact!
Personally, I’ve already made a couple of these and have received so many compliments on them! I use my frames to display photos from our honeymoon which I got printed with Artifact Uprising. Their prints happen to be the perfect fit! What will you display in your new frames?